The time for your home remodeling project is almost here! You’ve been planning, saving, and looking forward to the day when your Kansas City home is transformed. But before work can begin, there are 5 essential things you should do to make sure the process is pain-free. Take time to properly prepare for the remodel by:
- Sorting and Storing — Before the remodel work begins, it is a good idea to sort through your possessions and store items you won’t need. Determine if the item is essential and whether you will need it before the remodeling project is finished. If not, store it until after the project is complete.
- Clearing the Clutter — Take the time before the renovation begins to clear the clutter from your home. File paperwork, empty unnecessary items from cabinets, and store decorative items. Having a clear space will help the renovation go smoothly and stay on schedule.
- Keeping Everything Together — Creating an organizational system for remodeling design plans plus all paperwork, invoices, and receipts will keep you on track during the remodel. Many homeowners keep all of these documents in a binder or three-ring notebook for easy access.
- Taking Pictures — You will likely need to move stored items throughout the remodel as the work progresses. Taking pictures to document where items are stored for easy access and future use will save time and tearing through boxes and storage containers to find things you suddenly realize you need.
- Creating Storage Solutions — Think through the entire remodel process and create storage solutions that will last the duration. If your kitchen is part of the remodel, consider placing a shelving system in a nearby hallway to hold food items and kitchen goods.
Planning ahead and being prepared will make any remodel project go much better and will lessen the stress during the process.
The professionals at Bill West Roofing are proud to offer premier roofer services to the Kansas City area. Started in 1980, we offer fair, competitive prices for quality work and materials. Contact Bill West Roofing today if you are in need of a roofer or if you’d like to learn more about the roofing services we offer and our commitment to customer satisfaction.