Does your roof need repair or is it due for replacement? If so, did you know that the knowledge and skill of the roofer you hire directly affects your roof’s performance and longevity? For peace of mind that your roof is in the hands of an experienced professional who does quality work, you should choose a ShingleMaster-certified CertainTeed roofing contractor.
What is ShingleMaster Certification?
CertainTeed is one of the nation’s leading roofing material manufacturers. With more than a century of experience in the industry, CertainTeed is well-known for their high-quality products. Even top-quality roofing materials can perform poorly or fail prematurely if they aren’t installed properly according to the manufacturer’s specifications. CertainTeed understands the importance of workmanship quality, so they offer factory training and ShingleMaster certification to qualified roofing companies.
To qualify as a ShingleMaster roofer, a company must:
- Agree to abide by CertainTeed’s ShingleMaster code of ethics.
- Complete a ShingleMaster credential course.
- Employ a job supervisor and installers who are Master Shingle Applicator-certified.
- Employ a CertainTeed-certified Shingle Quality specialist.
Advantages of Hiring a Certified CertainTeed Roofing Professional
Only reliable roofers who care about craftsmanship quality put the effort into qualifying for CertainTeed certification so they can provide outstanding service to their customers. The ShingleMaster qualification process gives a roofing company and its employees invaluable knowledge about CertainTeed products.
When you choose a certified roofing contractor, you’re assured that the company you’ve hired to work on your roof has:
- An understanding of shingle technology and how product quality relates to performance. With this training, a roofing pro can give you accurate advice about different shingle options.
- Training in all aspects of shingle installation in general, and specifically the approved techniques and procedures for properly installing CertainTeed products.
- A knowledge of roof system components, including flashing and ventilation, and workmanship best practices.
Certification Bonus: Extended Roof System Warranties
CertainTeed knows that their products’ performance depends on expert installation, so they only offer their optional SureStart extended warranty coverage through contractors who are ShingleMaster certified. This means you can enjoy even greater peace of mind when you invest in an Integrity Roof System with CertainTeed-brand materials, by upgrading to a SureStart 4-Star warranty that gives you 50 years of non-prorated coverage.
As a certified CertainTeed ShingleMaster contractor, Bill West Roofing is proud to offer the best warranties in the industry to our customers in the Canton area. To learn more, contact us today!