If you need roof repairs, then the first thing you’ll want to do is request a free quote. A reputable roofing contractor will provide an estimate as to how much your repairs are going to cost. You can then compare the estimates of different contractors to determine who you want to work with. However, there are a few things that you’ll want to know about receiving a quote. The following is a breakdown of what you should expect:
Obtaining a Roof Repair Quote
First of all, be wary of any contractor that provides you with an estimate without even going to your home in order to thoroughly inspect your roof. For example, if you tell them that your roof is leaking and they provide you with a flat number for leak repairs without requiring an inspection, you should probably find a different contractor. Just because you think the problem is a leak doesn’t mean that there may not be other issues. If you agree to that estimate, the contractor may find other issues while repairing the leak. They may then charge you more than what the estimate suggested as a result of the other issues they found.
What Should a Roof Repair Quote Include
Once a contractor evaluates your roof, they should provide you with a quote in writing. Don’t trust a contractor that refuses to provide their estimate in writing. There’s a good chance that they may finish the work and then charge you significantly more, which means that they provided a low estimate to trick you into hiring them. Keeping that in mind, the following are some of the things that should be included in your written estimate:
- The extent of the work that you will be paying for
- The start and completion times
- The terms of payment (for example, if you pay everything after the job is finished or if you pay them back on a monthly basis via financing)
- The estimated cost of labor and materials
- The cost of the permits that will be required
- The cost of cleaning up and removing any debris
- Information about the products and workmanship warranties offered
- Proof of a contractor’s license and insurance
A reputable roofing contractor will address all of this in a written quote. Remember that when you receive your quote, you won’t be obligated to hire them. If you need roof repairs in Grain Valley, contact us at Bill West Roofing to request a quote today.