It can be difficult to know exactly when your roof is ready for a replacement. Sometimes, even for a professional it can be hard to decipher whether or not repairs should be handled, or a full roof replacement will be more cost efficient. Bill West Roofing advises Kansas City homeowners to watch out for a few tell tale signs that a roof replacement is completely necessary.
A very commonly found roof for Kansas City homes is the fiberglass asphalt roof. Some of the following issues suggest a replacement is needed:
- Buckling, cracking, or many missing shingles
- Leaking roof
- Loss of shingle granules can be found in abundance in the gutters
- Your roof seems to be in need of constant repair
Sometimes it is less expensive to invest in a full roof replacement rather than to waste numerous hours and a redundant amount of money on roof repairs. A simple fix is often appreciated, but when the repairs start to pile up over a short period of time, it is probably less expensive to spend the initial roof replacement cost.
A roof replacement is a major commitment, however, you could end up saving more money if you decide on a replacement that could last you a decade without extensive repair. We can help you finance your new roof and make sure the monthly payments are convenient for you.
Good Investment or Money Pit?
When looking into a roof replacement, also take a look into what your future might hold in store for you. Consider your own living circumstances and your own financial security for the future. Contemplate these situations before making a hasty decision:
- Selling your home – If you plan on selling your home and moving soon, it might be a good idea to invest in a roof replacement to increase the curb appeal, or to speed up the sale. Usually, a sturdy new roof is seen as a requirement for the sale to be finalized by the home buyer, not only a luxury.
- Overall quality – Currently, your roof may have bad quality or mid-grade shingles that may cause many recent repairs. Upgrading the type of shingles on your roof will surely increase the value and durability.
- Warranties – Warranties can easily provide you with a peace of mind. With a manufacturer’s warranty, and a Bill West Roofing contractor warranty, you can trust in your new roof.
Do your research on the pros and cons of roof replacement over repairs. Whichever way you decide, Bill West Roofing is here to help you throughout the process.
*Original publish date April 23, 2015
Blog Post updated: June 20, 2016