The roof of your home offers protection for you and your family from the elements. When you need to repair or replace your roof, you will want to hire roofers in Kansas City that have the right experience, a good deal of expertise, and a great reputation. Hiring the wrong contractor may jeopardize the roof’s warranty as well as requiring additional money to be spent to redo low quality work.
How do I Find the Right Roofer?
Here are 6 things to consider when hiring a roofing contractor for your home:
- License and Bonding—To their workers as well as you and your home, roofing contractors should be licensed and bonded. The license indicates a contractor’s willingness to follow all codes and ordinances. The bond protects the owner from a contractor walking away from a job before it is finished. The contractor you choose should have no issues with providing this information.
- Insurance—Besides licensing and bonding, contractors should carry appropriate insurance. The company should have liability insurance to cover any damage done to your home as well as workers’ compensation insurance to cover any injuries to workers that happen on the job.
- Warranty—Ask contractors about the kind of warranty they offer. The roofing company should have a workmanship warranty in addition to the basic warranty offered by roofing material manufacturers.
- Reputation—A roofing contractor’s reputation is as important today as it was in decades past. Through an online search, find out what their customers are saying. Ask friends and family about any roofers in Kansas City they have had experience with.
- Previous Work—Ask the contractor for a list of references and be sure to check each one carefully. Find out about the contractor’s professionalism, customer service, and how well the work was done. If possible, take the time to look at the work that was done.
- Customer Service—When you are contacting roofing companies about the work you need done, how are you treated? While roofing contractors are usually quite busy, the customers they serve are their top priority. Treating customers rudely or as an afterthought indicate headaches for your future roofing project.
The professionals at Bill West Roofing are trusted roofers in Kansas City who are able to respond to your call when you need a roof replaced. We are a fully licensed and insured company with an excellent reputation, priding ourselves on our customer service. As a CertainTeed Select ShingleMaster certified contractor, you can trust us to get your roofing done right.
Contact Bill West Roofing, for your next roofing job.