CertainTeed® Roof Warranties
Benefits Of The Integrity Roof System™
By choosing the Integrity Roof System, you rely on CertainTeed® to back your installed roof system.
A quality roof system involves the underlayments, shingles, accessories and ventilation products all working together. At CertainTeed, we call that the Integrity Roof System™.
What’s in it for your home?
- Optimum protection against the weather.
- Quality products installed together, resulting in better roof performance.
- Top-quality roof installation.
What is SureStart Plus?
Sure Start Plus is a Warranty System that gives extra protection when your CertainTeed Roofing System is installed by a Certified CertainTeed Shingle Master™ or SELECT Shingle Master roofing contractor.™
When you insist on the Integrity Roof System™ and a SELECT Shingle Master™ Roofing Contractor, you get roofers that are held to the highest standards in the roofing profession.
SureStart Plus 3, 4 & 5 Star Roof Warranties
Integrity Roof System Requirements For SureStart PLUS:
A shingle roof system will qualify as an Integrity Roof System™ for SureStart™ PLUS when all of the following conditions have been met:
- All CertainTeed products must be installed in accordance with the CertainTeed Shingle Applicator’s Manual (SAM) and applied over a clean, dry deck (lay-over or roof-over installation does not qualify).
- All SureStart PLUS jobs must be supervised by a Master Shingle Applicator.
A Superior Roof is Stronger Than The Sum of Its Parts!
CertainTeed WinterGuard™ is required as follows:
- Must be installed at the eaves if required by local building code, or when the roof system is in a snow zone, or north of the following states: NC, TN, AR, OK, NM, and AZ
- Must be installed at all roof penetrations
- Must be applied as a valley liner for closed or woven valleys
- Is recommended as a valley liner for open valleys; otherwise, open valleys must be installed in accordance with NRCA Roofing Manual specifications
- CertainTeed Roofers’ Select™, DiamondDeck™, RoofWrap™, or ShingleFelt™ must be installed
- If CertainTeed products are not available, then the underlayment must meet ASTM D4869 or ASTM D226 (non-perforated) or ASTM D6757 standards of performance
- Must be CertainTeed pre-cut starter or made from CertainTeed shingles.
- Must be CertainTeed shingles with a warranty duration of at least 25 years.
Hip and Ridge Caps:
- Must be CertainTeed pre-cut hip and ridge accessory or made from CertainTeed shingles.
- Must be installed to meet applicable model code requirements or building code standards.
- Must have adequate intake and exhaust vents to achieve proper net free ventilation area.
- If ridge ventilation devices are installed, they must be CertainTeed Ridge or Rolled Ridge Vents.
Flat Roof Sections:
- If a Flintlastic® System is part of the job, up to ten (10) squares will be covered as follows:
- – Flintlastic SA 2-ply system (nailbase and cap sheet) for 12 years
- – Flintlastic SA 3-ply system (nailbase, plybase and cap sheet) for 15 years
- – Flintlastic SA 3-ply system (nailbase, midply and cap sheet) for 20 years
- Refer to the Commercial Systems Specifications Manual for the warranty duration for all other Flintlastic systems.
- Approved CertainTeed Commercial Systems Specifications must be used.
- Torch-applied systems must be installed by a CertainTeed Commercial Roofing approved contractor.
5-STAR Coverage Additional Requirements:
- Can only be offered by a SELECT ShingleMaster.
- Must be installed by an MSA-qualified crew (50% of installers plus all supervisors).
- The 5-STAR Operating Agreement must be signed and registered with CertainTeed before this coverage is sold.
- Installation must conform with the CertainTeed SAM required and recommended procedures.
- All metal flashings must be new.