It can be an absolute nightmare dealing with major roof damage. This is especially true if it occurs during a storm, and there’s suddenly water leaking everywhere. The following are a few tips that will help prepare you for the possibility of roof repairs and that can help you potentially prevent them (or at least minimize the damage):
- Schedule routine roof inspections – We can spot potential issues that can leave your roof vulnerable to significant damage if not addressed right away. By paying for minor repairs, you can save a lot of money by preventing the need for major repairs later.
- Clear your attic space – If any damage does occur to your roof, you’ll want to make it easy for a roofer to access. They may need to get to your attic, especially if there’s a leak. Clearing this space will make the process a lot easier for everyone involved.
- Have a tarp handy for emergencies – While the last thing you should do is try to get up to the roof after it’s been damaged (leave that to the professionals), you may want to have a tarp on hand to cover possessions inside in case there’s a serious leak. For example, you may have items in your attic that need to be covered to prevent water damage.
- Have a trustworthy and reliable roofer you can contact – The last thing you want to do is to scramble to find a roofer that provides emergency services, especially after business hours. Find a reputable roofer that offers emergency repair services beforehand and have their phone number saved so that you can reach them right away.
- Have all of your insurance information on hand – You’re going to want to file a claim if your roof is seriously damaged. Have all of your insurance information, such as your policy, organized in one place so it’s easily accessible.
Nobody wants to deal with major roof damage. While a routine roof inspection can help prevent such damage, not everybody is always that lucky. A particularly bad storm can cause major damage to a roof that was in perfectly good condition. If you do experience significant roof damage, be sure to contact us at Bill West Roofing in the greater Kansas City area. We provide emergency roofing services, which means you can contact us 24 hours a day, seven days a week.