When you hire a professional roofing contractor to fix your roof, you expect them to perform the necessary repairs correctly the first time around. Unfortunately, this doesn’t always happen. There are a number of roof repair issues that can occur, whether the contractor does them on purpose or not. The following are a few common roof repair snafus to be aware of and how you can avoid them:
- The use of poor quality materials – A roofer that makes repairs using poor quality materials, or who reuses materials such as flashing, isn’t doing a good job. Poor materials are more likely to wear down and experience issues in the near future, which means it won’t be long until you’re paying for additional repair work. Roofers who use poor materials are usually doing so to save money. Look for a roofer that uses reputable, name brand products.
- Poorly done repair work – A poor quality roofer may not repair your roof correctly, which means that the original problem could persist. Some roofers simply aren’t good at their job, while others may do a poor job on purpose because they know you’ll hire them back. Essentially, they’re scam artists. The best way to avoid poor quality roofers is to only hire roofers with years of experience under their belt and a positive reputation throughout the community.
- The roof is damaged during work – Accidents happen. A more experienced roofer is less likely to damage your property during repairs. However, if this does happen, you’ll want to make sure you don’t have to pay for it. It’s why finding a fully insured roofer is important.
- A roofer is injured – The last thing you want is to be held liable for any injuries the roofer experiences while doing work on your roof. Make sure they have full insurance.
- The proper permit wasn’t obtained – Even minor repairs may require a roofing permit. Local roofers are more familiar with local building codes and permit requirements.
These are just some of the more common roof repair problems that you should know about. Dealing with these problems can be a huge inconvenience, not to mention a serious financial headache. It’s why it’s so important to find a roofer in Grain Valley that has a reputation for being trustworthy and reliable, such as Bill West Roofing. If you need roof repair work done, be sure to contact us at Bill West Roofing to schedule an appointment today.